Sunday 29 July 2007

What Not to do in July....

....is try to buy a diary. I decided I needed one, because I keep forgetting things at the moment (which is unusual for me, but it seems my brain can't quite cope with all the bits of information I ask it to store for later retrieval). So I went looking for a smallish diary. The only things I could find were massive filofaxes that cost $50, not quite within my budget.
I know probably no-one except accountants want diaries halfway through the year, but I was amazed at how many places didn't have even one for sale. I eventually found a small Collins one that goes till next June and bought it. It's not very pretty but I figured I will stick a picture on the front so it looks less boring. So now, hopefully, I won't forget things! Which would be nice.

4 comments:

Katzmutha said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of diary-keeping, Al! I'm not surprised you couldn't find a suitable one, because they tend to come out in time for the new year and then disappear.You'll have a better selection available in Nov-Dec.

ud said...

If the diary doesn't work (because one can fail to consult it)there's the option of mounting a smallish white-board in a handy spot at eye level - like inside a cupboard door. The only problem is that it's not portable.......

Katzmutha said...

And, of course, you could go digital, like UD.

Anonymous said...

Hiya BB,
I agree about the communiting, though I only had it for 50 mins or so. It's a great resource for study, I wrote three or so novels on the train and a dozen or so short stories. It's harder to study, started back at UTS last night, with out the train. But I find ways and means. Cheers G