Thursday 5 July 2007

Facebook

I joined Facebook yesterday, after gradually realising that a lot of my friends are on it. I feel like I am jumping on the bandwagon but I can see why people like it, it's a good way to keep in touch. It's not very private though which I find a bit weird. I guess you can control what you put on your profile though.

I can't keep up with all these new web thingys - reading all the blogs is hard enough every day, in fact I think it sometimes makes me feel stressed. I need to work out a way to look at them all at once, using feeds or something. I don't know how that works though.

2 comments:

Katzmutha said...

Tell me all about Facebook, Al.

Alison said...

Facebook is a social networking site. Each person has a profile page which they update with how they are feeling, what they are doing etc. People link together as friends and can then see what each other is doing. So when I login to facebook this morning, I can see if anyone has left me a message, and what my friends are up to. I can also leave messages for them, see photos they have saved on their page, and play games like scrabble with them.
It's a good way to keep in contact with friends as you only have to go to one webpage to do it.