Sunday 12 October 2008

Fluffy Mail

In taking care of Hamish's rear end, I have entered the world of "Modern Cloth Nappies" (MCN). There's a whole world out there of people crazy about cloth - I first got into it to save money, and also because I like the idea of being able to reuse nappies instead of chucking them out. So far it's going well - although I'd be stuffed without the clothes drier!

The bulk of the MCN business is online - mums at home making nappies and selling them over the internet. This adds to the appeal of the whole thing, as it's good fun to get packages in the mail, and a lot of the nappies are really cute. And to top it off, there's a special term for it - fluffy mail! It's actually easy to get slightly obsessed about it and order far more than you need, so restraint is necessary.
Here's Hamish modelling one of my latest purchases - it's called an Itti Bitti D'Lish:


I do use disposables as well, but I have to say that using cloth nappies has been one of the very satisfying aspects of baby care.

And just because he's cute, here's another shot of our model:

3 comments:

ud said...

Nice colour indeed!

Why can't you just keep the one baby & stop this upsizing ?

Mary said...

He looks fascinated by the picture on his blanket hehehe. Very cute as always!

Nixter said...

I must talk to you more about cloth nappies.

I thought I was decided on disposables but you keep enticing me to think through the possibility of cloth.

By the way those blue ones looks so cute on your little man's rear and I LOVE the expression on his face in that last picture - too funny!