Saturday 11 October 2008

Another classic moment in my life (not)

I was feeling pretty stressed out one day this week. I was getting ready for bed, and was very tired, yet not relaxed.

Standing in front of the bathroom mirror, I decided that the best thing to do to help me sleep, would be to get rid of some of the excess energy that the stress had generated.

So I started wildly waving my arms around like a lunatic. Crazy looking, but therapeutic. Seemed like a very good idea at the time.

Unfortunately for me, in my tired state I forgot that I was holding an open tub of moisturiser. As I flung my arms around, the tub went too, sending streams of thick, white moisturiser into the air. Some landed on me, some landed on the floor, some landed on the sink...in fact some of it is still on the floor because I couldn't be bothered doing anything about it. I possibly now have the best moisturised bathroom on the Central Coast.

I had to laugh - it reduced my stress - just not exactly in the way I'd planned!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Things like that do help a lot with pent-up stress/energy. So does crazy dancing like you might have done when you were about 5, either with or without music - always end up cracking myself up so anything that can do that has got to be good.

Loud, bad singing can also be effective. Only really doable when on your own though hahaha

Nixter said...

LOL That my friend is a classic story.