Wednesday 26 March 2008

Trust in Action

One thing I ponder from time to time (usually when I feel like a TNW!!) is how to trust God when life is a bit stressful*. I know the theory of turning to God and casting all our worries upon him, but sometimes I’m not too sure what that should actually look like.

Last night I decided that it meant actually asking God to look after the problem, and to show me how to deal with it, instead of fretting about it and trying to solve it all myself. This takes mental discipline, and it’s helpful to have reminders of God’s character at times like this. I also decided it’s ok to totally freak out about something and get upset, rather than bottle up emotions and pretend everything is fine – even if you only tell God you’re not coping, not the whole world.

*By ‘a bit stressful’ I mean when I’m REALLY NOT COPING!! For whatever reason.

3 comments:

ud said...

Some selfish people scream & shout & demand support & servitude & see themselves as sacred objects.

You are the opposite. Please feel free to suggest things that we can do to help. C'mon think of some things....

Alison said...

Thanks UD - unless someone would like to take over my life for a week or two while I go sit on a desert island, I don't know that there's much that can be done at the moment.

Although prayers are more than welcome and probably quite useful!

Reading and commenting here is helpful too, and you are very good at that :)

Nixter said...

Sorry you haven't been coping, please let me know if I can do anything.

I can most definitely pray :)