Sunday 30 March 2008

Online shopping

Well, today I did some grocery shopping online. We have tried this before, years ago, and it was ok, but not the same as going and choosing things yourself from the shelves. So we'll see how it goes.

I figure if I can get it working for the basics - pet food, cupboard stuff like pasta and toilet paper etc, then it will help us get by for the moment. I'm too tired to go to the supermarket on the weekend, and Adam spends every day there for work so he doesn't want to go on his days off, so perhaps online is the answer for now.

It's expensive though for delivery - $15.95! But because we have a discount card, we get $7 or $8 off the shop so I guess it's not too bad. If I went to the supermarket and asked for home delivery, it would only be $7.50 for up to 10 bags, which is much more reasonable.

2 comments:

ud said...

Gran has always kept a link with home delivery groceries. The mini-mart at H/Hts takes phone orders and delivers for free. Item cost more of course but it's a good stand-by.

Nixter said...

keep me posted, I have often thought about this option.