Wednesday 26 March 2008

Bare minimum

One thing I believe in is that when I’m not really coping with life, it’s ok to let the wheels come off for a while when it comes to managing everyday stuff like housework and keeping up with friends etc. Although I firmly believe this, I’ve had trouble implementing it lately. My idea of ‘bare minimum’ seems to include getting the dishes washed and keeping the place tidy, which is a fairly recent development (as anyone who witnessed my low standards in these areas when I lived in Leichhardt will agree!) Although I have to say that getting bills paid on time does seem to have dropped off the list lately which doesn’t really bother me too much – they always get paid in the end.

I realised all this over the long weekend, when I decided to do NOTHING for as long as possible, greatly assisted by Mary and Julian helping out with the shopping, and Adam wielding a vacuum cleaner in a cleaning frenzy. Doing nothing was great, and I realised how much I have been pushing myself lately to get the bare minimum done, when really what I need is to rest. I think my bare minimum might have to be lowered a notch or two for a while. Thank goodness for microwaves and dishwashers!

2 comments:

ud said...

Garfield would say "You are my guru. Teach me more O Wise One"

Alison said...

Garfield is a legend in his own lunchbox. Can't go wrong with a ginger tabby.