Friday 28 March 2008

One for the Evangelicals

It occured to me today that being pregnant has certain parallels with the "Now, Not Yet" concept - the idea that God's kingdom exists now but is not yet complete, as we wait for Jesus to return and judge the earth.

This baby's life has begun, and therefore he exists now, but he's not yet here in full. So this is a period of anticipation, tension and hope for me, for this new life, which reminds me of the new life we have in Christ and my hope for His return.

The things you think of when you're utterly exhausted! I wrote one of my best ever school assignments when I was totally out of it with the flu - a pretend interview with Augustus, emporer of Rome. It included the classic line "Rome wasn't built in a day" in answer to a question about why he hadn't completed certain building projects. I wish I'd kept a copy of that assignment, it was a cracker.

3 comments:

Ray said...

Congratulations on the baby Alison!!!!

Alison said...

Thanks Ray!! :)

Nixter said...

hadn't thought about it like that before.

I want to read that assignment!