Thursday 8 April 2010

Middle of the night

It's 1.22am. I've been up for over an hour, dealing with a screaming
bub (wind pains) and a crying and coughing toddler (sore throat and
high temp). I'm typing this on my ipod while I nurse. Life feels a bit
mental right now!

Oscar is sleeping in the corner of the room. He looks really comfy but
it makes me a little nervous to see him sleeping on the floor - he
normally only does that when he's unwell. Maybe he's doing it out of
sympathy for hamish, who has been pretty miserable all day. His temp
got up to 39.5 earlier.

I'm trying to count my blessings but my sense of humour re the lack of
sleep ran out some time over the last few days. (It has taken me twice
as long to get to that point this time around so I guess that's a god
thing, and I know it will get better in time.)

All is quiet now, so I'll see if I can get some rest...

3 comments:

ud said...

It was Alison's birthday yesterday - Happy Birthday Al !

Hope you managed some birthday zzzz's

One of my neighbours is arranging a special party for his wife to celebrate the "first anniversary of her 39th birthday"

Katzmutha said...

Al, I feel for you. Not getting enough sleep is just awful. Ferdie's new favourite place to sleep is on top of my computer bag. They're colour-co-ordinated.

Mary said...

I hope the sleep fairy visits you soon!!