As you would expect, a lot of my headspace the last 6 months has been occupied with parenting stuff. I haven't blogged about it much, but I've been thinking of putting some thoughts down. However I am a bit wary to do so because:
1. I am in no way an expert and have limited experience.
2. There are so many opposing points of view on how to parent best, and I'm a little reluctant to enter the fray.
3. I don't want to come across as whingy or complaining.
4. It's very very easy to hear someone's point of view and think you have the solution, and I get very frustrated when people say "why don't you just do this?" as it shows at best a lack of understanding and at worst a lack of respect, and makes me feel like poo.
5. I have quite strong emotions and feel fairly sensitive about some stuff so I'm not too keen on getting into a debate.
And yet...I do want to blog about it because it's a major part of my life and I enjoy discussing it. So, I will have a bash at it and all I ask is that you respect the fact that it's a sensitive area for me where my confidence is not always 100%.
And I should just say that it's not about Hamish. At all. It's about me and my experience so far with this thing we call parenting!
Exhausted? Foggy Brain? Overwhelmed or Anxious? is It Postnatal Depletion? - "Postnatal depletion can happen whether this is your first baby or a subsequent child and this depletion can be an accumulative process – you conceive a ...