Sunday 10 August 2008

Things I'm not doing

This is a list of things I'm not doing that I apparently should be doing if I don't want Hamish to turn into a juvenile delinquent:
  • Read him 3 books a day
  • Talk to him all the time (for language development)
  • Give him at least 10 minutes a day on his tummy (referred to as "tummy time" by the professionals!)
  • Bathe him once a day (hahaha - I'm lucky to bathe myself once a day at the moment!)
  • Sterilise all dummies etc at least once a day (who has the time?)
I'm sure there's more to add, that's all I can think of at the moment.

5 comments:

Katzmutha said...

What rot! Read a 6-weeks-old 3 stories a day? Talk to him all the time??

Alison said...

Yeah for language development. Silly isn't it. I remembered another one - I'm meant to give him a stomach massage 3 times a day as well!!

Catherine said...

Is there any time for him to just be a baby?

Mary said...

I'm sure once Hamish discovers his Spot Book equivilant he will make up for any stories not yet read by re-reading just one book over and over and over and over.....

Sometimes I wonder if these 'experts' have even ever had a baby...

ud said...

Don't forget his trigonometry and calculus.