Monday 25 August 2008

OK, I'm enjoying it now

8 weeks in and life with baby is a lot more enjoyable than it was at first. We're getting the hang of things and having more fun. Hamish is sleeping well at night, and not crying as much during the day, and these things combined make life more relaxed and fun. He's also getting cuter and smiling lots!

The thing that keeps coming into my mind is how the bible talks about God 'delighting' in His creation and His people (eg 2 Samuel 22:20 He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me).

This is how I feel about Hamish - I delight in him. He is such a joy. Mind you, the hard stuff is still there, but there's more good stuff now to balance it out.

1 comment:

Mary said...

That's good that you're settling into it now, and Hamish too!