Tuesday 12 February 2008

Rocks and Pebbles

It’s occurred to me recently that most of my posts of late have been about my pets or my garden. While I enjoy both these things, I think my initial intention for this blog was for it be a bit more thoughtful. So I have been pondering what I could write about that has a bit more depth...and haven’t really come up with anything! I draw a complete blank. I think my brain is a bit worn out and it’s easier to focus on the smaller things.

I was thinking about that illustration people sometimes use to encourage people to put the important things in life first, where the idea is that if your life is a jar, you should put a few big rocks in it first and then fit smaller pebbles around them. The idea being that if you fill the jar with pebbles, there’s no room for the big rocks, meaning that you shouldn’t fill your life with small, inconsequential things or there’ll be no room left for the major things. My life seems to be lots of pebbles lately. Very interesting pebbles mind you!! Which is the danger I suppose – I get sucked in by things I can buy and organise (and there are plenty of them when you’ve got a bub on the way!) and run out of energy for the bigger things.

Although, having said that, I have been reflecting on how amazing our bodies are, that they can grow other bodies! How weird is that? It’s very strange and wonderful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't care what you write about, Al. I just think it's great that you write anything! I turn to the Alisonian at least 4 or 5 times a week, and it gives me a connection to you that I wouldn't otherwise have.

Alison said...

Thanks KM :)

ud said...

Yes - keep it up. It's good reading. And viewing !