Saturday 25 August 2007

Dog walking to the max!

I just got back from taking the dogs for a walk. I don't often take both of them by myself but I thought I would this time. About 2/3 of the way along, a lady came running after me and asked if I was a dog walker or trainer - she thought I was a professional because the dogs were behaving so well!! Of course then Ruby barked at her and Saffy jumped up on her (her paws reaching the lady's shoulders!) so any good impression went out the window. But it put a spring in my step all the same.

We went past an oval where a game of soccer was underway, and Saffy nearly broke my hand she was pulling with such enthusiasm towards the game. I'm sure she would have loved to join in.

2 comments:

ud said...

That was a risky challenge to take on ! Maybe you qualify to do it professionally ?

Saffy in a soccer game would've been interesting - imagine all the people getting knocked down !

Alison said...

They are generally pretty good when I'm walking them, although I do need to keep an eye out for other dogs so we can avoid them.

Saffy would be like a bull in a china shop on a soccer field, it would be hilarious. The soccer players might not see it like that though!