Tuesday 13 October 2009

Water, water everywhere...

Hamish is obsessed with water at the moment. More specifically, with drinking it. Not out of a cup (although he does do that regularly) - he's more interested in water coming out of a tap, a watering can or in a puddle on the ground!

We had a puddle on the path out the front this week and he spent quite a long time sitting in the water, putting his head down trying to suck some up. It was really funny to watch - and I think he managed to get some in the end! He also walked away with a mark on his forehead from where it kept hitting the ground, not that it seemed to worry him.

This afternoon I caught him standing under a tap in the garden, his mouth wide open trying to catch the drips. Sadly for him it wasn't turned on so it was a bit futile.

I guess it's a good obsession to have, going into summer...

2 comments:

ud said...

I was like that & then it became beer ...

Amita said...

Bella has loved running water since she was about one. Now she has moved on to puddles. I bought her gumboots but she used to still get really wet when she jumped in puddles (she calls them cuddles no matter how many times we correct her, I think I might stop correcting her so she sound cute forever).
To stop her jumping in them on our daily walks I've now told her she can play Plop, which is throwing stones and sticks in the water. It has worked so far. She is getting better at throwing and we only spend enough time at one puddle to do a few throws and then we are off to look for the next one!