Friday 18 January 2008

Silly Story

This is a story in today's Daily Tele - two people sued their neighbour over claims the neighbour's cat was terrorising them:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23067760-5006009,00.html

It seems ridiculous - obviously they are not cat people! Although we had a cat called Leo living next door to us in Leichhardt for a while and his main hobby seemed to be bashing up Oscar. Oscar was too scared to go outside and would wait for ages to make sure the coast was clear.

Leo was killed by a car in the end - my boss uncharitably suggested that perhaps Oscar was behind the wheel!!

11 comments:

Nixter said...

That last sentence made me laugh!

Alison said...

Yeah, bit of black humour there! Oscar is usually non-violent, but he does have his moments.

Katzmutha said...

Had Oscar been taking driving lessons? Surely you'd have noticed that.

ud said...

Ha ha - I can just imagine Oscie at the wheel.

You've motivated me. I don't want trouble with neighbours. Pops+Toots won't be allowed out till they're 18.

Alison said...

Well he does like to get into cars, and go to sleep. Which is how he ended up lost last year, we think. But I have never caught him in the driver's seat - he takes after me in that respect!

ud said...

Aww come on --- you are a seasoned driver. Just not fully ticketed yet.

Alison said...

Just don't ask me to park!

Anonymous said...

Once you've got your licence, Al, you need never do another hill start in your life again ( unless you get caught at the lights near the Hornsby Baptist Church.)

ud said...

....with a dodgy handbrake

Alison said...

I think if I learn on auto, I never have to do a hill start anyway, is that how it works? Auto is my new best friend.

Anonymous said...

Just hang in there and keep driving, Al.If I could get my licence, you certainly can.