Sunday 6 January 2008

Making a Dill of myself in the Fruitshop

I went to the supermarket yesterday and one of the things I needed to by was a bunch of thyme. Coles didn't have any so I went to the fruit and veg shop. They had a herb section with a sign saying "Thyme" but the herb in the thyme spot looked a lot like rosemary. Hmm. I was deciding whether or not to buy basil instead when a shop assistant came up and asked if I needed a hand - I must have looked confused.

I explained that I was after thyme, but might get the basil instead. She said she didn't think they had any thyme, and then said she'd check out the back for a fresh bunch. Now I thought she was looking for thyme, but she actually meant basil, as the bit I was holding looked somewhat past its prime.

So when she came back out with a fresh bunch of basil, I helpfully explained to her "That's Basil". She looked at me like I was a little bit stupid. I took it and moved on.

I put some brocolli in the trolley, and it promptly fell out. In front of the same shop assistant. And then at the checkout, I managed to drop the basil, again in full view of the assistant. I was glad to make my exit!

5 comments:

ud said...

Little Euphrates is to blame !

Alison said...

yes, he or she has a lot to answer for at the moment!

Mary said...

hehehe you should have put the basket on your head or something just to finish the job

Mary said...

hehehe you should have put the basket on your head or something just to finish the job

ud said...

Yeah - just make a day of it !!