Wednesday 13 May 2009

What a Day

I took Hamish to the dr today, because he's been coughing and it was getting worse. He was wheezing a bit this morning. The doctor and nurse freaked out at his low oxygen levels and put him on oxygen and ventolin in a mad flurry of activity, totally freaking me out in the process!

He was ok after a little while, and they gave me a prescription for some strong anti-inflammatory drugs and I had to get him some ventolin as well. What he has is croup, which is a viral infection that can make breathing difficult.

To top things off, I left my wallet at the shops after going to the chemist! Luckily a lady found it and rang me, and we'll go and pick it up tonight. I didn't even realise it was missing when she rang.

I'm upset that Hamish is sick, but at the same time grateful that we can access medication so easily.

2 comments:

Mary said...

How scary!!! Is it likely to be an ongoing thing with him needing ventalin from time to time?

I'm glad they were able to make him better. He must be relieved too!!!

Nixter said...

pray he gets better soon - poor munchkin!