Sunday 3 May 2009

Baking

This week, inspired by Aimee, who was in turn inspired by Laura, I baked some bread.

My first attempt was not successful - it didn't rise at all and even though I cooked it for over an hour, it was still a soggy, doughy lump. I contemplated taking a photo to show you but it was just too embarrassing. Adam (resident bread expert!) explained that I had probably killed the yeast by having the milk too warm - i.e. in the very first step I managed to stuff it up!
Undeterred, I tried again and this was the end result:




It tasted really nice and had a good texture - I will probably make it again. It did take a while so I wouldn't want to be doing it every day though.

3 comments:

Katzmutha said...

It looks lovely, Alison. Much nicer than your choko photos.

Aimee said...

Wow, well done! That looks heaps better than my attempts!!

Alison said...

lol KM, it tasted better too.

Thanks Aimee, I was pleasantly surprised with it. I was wondering with yours if it rose enough? Was it doubled in size?