Friday 29 July 2011

A Special Moment

I had explained (probably quite poorly) to Hamish that Papa had passed away and gone to be with Jesus. I don't think he really understood, but I felt I had to say something as we had previously been praying for Papa while he was in hospital.

A few days after this conversation, Hamish and I were reading a children's bible together and we saw a picture of Jesus holding the hand of a boy. Hamish asked who the boy was, and I said it was a child and that Jesus loved him, just like He also loves Hamish.

Hamish looked at me with very big, excited eyes, and declared "when I go to Jesus, he will hold my hand!"
 

2 comments:

Katzmutha said...

That's lovely, Al. What a bonanza to see so many posts tonight. I thought there probably wouldn't be anything new, but there was! I love reading your comments on life as a mother.

Alison said...

lol thanks KM!