Sunday 31 July 2011

A crop!

I planted a few potatoes some months ago, and have been watching their progress with interest. Only one plant ended up growing well, and I was disappointed to see it die back in the heavy rain we had recently.

Today on a whim I had a poke around to see if it had sprouted anything under the soil, and was very excited to find some potatoes! Only a handful really, but still - wow!

My mind is now filled with the possibilities of a larger crop...we eat potatoes all the time so the thought of growing my own is very appealing.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! That is so great, did they taste yummy. Fingers crossed the ones I ordered to share from Diggers will be here really soon and you can put some more in.

ud said...

How come they are not long & thin like in maccas ?