Friday 6 March 2009

God in the tiredness

I've been really tired this week. Not just a little sleepy - more in the needing matchsticks to keep my eyes open and forgetting my name category. And along with the tiredness came stress, depression and anger - a natural reaction to being woken every two hours overnight all week. But not a fun way to get through the day.

I had one particular gloomy day, when God came to the rescue - not with sleep, but with a good conversation with an old friend, an encouraging phone call from a lady at church, who reminded me to lean on God's word, and Adam's parents - who turned up with a 5kg box of chocolates! I ended the day in a much better mood than I started...and looking back I do think it was God that made the difference.

4 comments:

ud said...

Tiredness, stress, depression, anger, gloom. These don't happen on Sesame Street.

Mary said...

Apparently Sesame Street is cutting 50 jobs from a staff of 350 so maybe they do at present.

The article didn't say if these were humans or the presenters.

Alison said...

ROFL UD - I've heard it's always a sunny day on Sesame Street...not to mention the friendly neighbours!

Will Big Bird get the chop I wonder?

ud said...

Wow - if SS is cutting numbers the economy must be in bad shape. We look to Big Bird to lead the recovery.