Friday 12 September 2008

Stupid event of the day

Today I unwittingly put two nursing pads* in the wash, so now all my clothes are covered in little spongy absorbent crystal things and fluff. Humph.

Stupid event of last Friday was that I put a cup that has a silver and gold pattern on it in the microwave. Evidently it has metal in the paint, as it started sparking like crazy, and when I opened the door and stuck my hand in to get it out, my hand felt all tingly.

Maybe it's something about Fridays....or just about me!

*For the uninitiated, nursing pads are things you wear in your bra to stop milk leaking everywhere. Noice!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Well I've already told you but might as well share it with the blog community.

Today a man walked into my office asked to speak to one of the financial advisers and I looked right at him and said 'yes, and may I ask who's calling?'

ud said...

Ha ha ha - I've done that too..

A coupla times in my previous life I knocked on a door and when the person opened I said "Hello. I'm ringing from the Water Board...."


As for Ah Ha and microwave ovens - I also put a cup with some gold paint in the oven & got a spark-show. Not a good practice because the oven can short-out. Some people are very particular about the type of plastic containers they use in microwave cooking. It's to do with plastics 'leaking' contaminants into the food. A lady told me she never uses cling wrap over a container but replaces it with a paper towel.