Tuesday 2 October 2007

Reality TV

Nixter and I were discussing at lunch today the joys of watching reality tv shows like America's Next Top Model. In a supreme example of me wasting time, I've looked the show up on Wikipedia for interest's sake, and it turns out the show we just had broadcast in Australia is from 2005! Talk about old news.

Also, I watched the show about finding a new member for the PussyCat Dolls when it was on earlier this year (clearly I have a tendency to watch trashy shows!). I looked them up as well, and the winning girl, after all the fuss of winning the series and declaring she wanted it more than anything, never actually performed with the group, and went off to start a solo career only months after winning the competition. So the whole TV show was a bit pointless (except of course from the point of view of gaining ratings and revenue for the producers, and publicity for the group...)

3 comments:

Nixter said...

I can't believe it - we got the 2005 series - man!

And the whole Pussy Cat Doll thing - what a load of rubbish, I can't believe she never actualyl became a doll - how rude.

Yes I also watched this trashy but 'I can't tear myself away' show ;) At least I am not alone..

Alison said...

Perhaps we need to form a support group...

Nixter said...

sign me up!