Thursday 20 September 2007

Piano

I bought a piano last week on ebay, and had it delivered yesterday. I haven't really played much since 1996 so it's been a long time. I've printed off some sheet music of church songs and have been attempting to bash out a few tunes this evening. A few things have made this a challenge:
1. My inability to read the bass clef accurately, especially the really low notes.
2. Ruby pushing her head under my hands for a pat and knocking them off the keyboard.
3. Ruby sitting under my feet, on top of the pedals.
4. Saffy sitting next to me and pawing at my arm for attention.
5. and Saffy making funny noises behind me as she chases her tail and attacks her own leg out of sheer boredom.

I shall perservere...

3 comments:

ud said...

R&S see the piano as a big wooden dog, stealing your attention.

Katzmutha said...

What's the sound like, Al?

Alison said...

It sounds good, a few notes are twangy but generally it is very nice to play. I'm probably not the best judge of quality in these matters but it seems to be in tune. I'm quite happy with it.