Saturday 8 September 2007

Funny episode of the day

This afternoon I decided to sit out the front and read the Good Weekend. The dogs were with me and heard a noise around the side. They ran off barking their heads off, and I followed.

What they were barking at was a pair of Mormons who'd been knocking on the side door. The dogs were going mental, but the bit I thought was really funny was that I was wearing pyjama pants and fluffy blue slippers so must have made quite a sight trying to control two very excited and loud dogs. It was embarrassing because I tried to drag Saffy away and she planted her feet and wouldn't move so I had no hope.

The dogs ended up calming down enough for us to have a conversation and the blokes stood on one side of the fence, holding up their Book of Mormon, and telling me Joseph Smith was a prophet. I think they were a bit surprised to find that I own a copy of the book, although I haven't read it. I said I thought the bible was all we need, and that the gospel in it of Jesus crucified and risen was enough for me. Why would God need to send another prophet after His own son?

Anyway, they were very polite and gracious, but the whole episode made me laugh. Memo to self - do not wear slippers in front yard in case Mormons drop by.

4 comments:

ud said...

OK - Did you hear about the insomniac, agnostic, dyslectic person who stayed awake at night wondering if there really was a Dog.

Katzmutha said...

Why shouldn't the Mormons see you in slippers, AL?

Alison said...

I class them as not for public viewing because they look like Grover feet. But I don't really mind if someone sees them, I just feel a bit silly.

Mary said...

They are quite groveresque. On the subject of fluffy slippers a friend of mine drove to work the other morning and when she stepped out of her car she discovered she was still wearing her fluffy pink slippers