Saturday 3 March 2012

Adventures with worms

We've been digging up an area of our garden to turn it into a vege patch, and in the process, finding lots and lots of worms. A while ago, Mum gave me a worm kit and they appear to have set up home very successfully in our dirt. There are long thin ones that are very wriggly, and big fat ones that are much more sedate.

The boys really like them, but I've had to start downplaying the worms. This decision was made not long after Hamish proudly told me 'Look Mum, I've made lots of worms!', a feat sadly achieved by pulling one worm into four pieces. Ouch.

And there was the time Michael held up two halves of the one worm and told me 'broke!'

And lastly, there's Hamish's idea that worms are for keeping. In his room. He runs off with them, then tells me to come and see the worm in his room - I follow him in, and there's a small pile of dirt on the carpet with a (thankfully alive) worm on top.

1 comment:

ud said...

It's a common thing with small boys, which will culminate in assorted diamond pythons in your lounge room. And a cage of rats on which they feed.