Thursday 2 April 2009

Clinic

Hamish and I spent Monday at the local early childhood clinic, talking with a health nurse about his sleep issues. Although when I booked the appt he was sleeping max 3 hrs at a time, by the time the day arrived he'd started sleeping much longer stretches of his own accord. He even slept right through the night one night! After 9 months of broken sleep, this was amazing.

Unfortunately I wasn't feeling amazing. I was was burnt out and extremely frustrated. So the time with the health nurse turned out to be more about how I was feeling than how Hamish was sleeping.

The upshot of it all was that I need to get some serious rest and build up my resources again. This makes a lot of sense, and now that Hamish seems to be on track overnight, I do have a realistic chance of paying off the sleep debt.

I think I will have to take it slowly though and pace myself - I still feel pretty zonked.

3 comments:

Mary said...

You can sleep all day tomorrow!

Alison said...

Sounds like a plan to me!

ud said...

Don't try the 30 beers on your 30th birthday. I know you want to make it special but that's a lot of tinnies. Still .... you would sleep pretty good that night.